Are you currently homeless, living on the streets or in a shelter, and seeking housing assistance?
Coordinated Entry Community HUBs
If an individual or family experiencing homelessness comes to your organization and your agency is not trained in Diversion or the Standard Assessment, you can have the person call 2-1-1, or refer them to a community or mobile HUB for a face-to-face conversation about their housing situation.
HUBs are safe locations where persons experiencing homelessness can have a conversation with trained workers who will explore alternative resources and supports to try keeping the person off the streets or out of shelter. Some helpful things to communicate before referring someone to a HUB:
- – Most shelters and housing programs are full.
- – Because many programs and shelters are full, HUB workers are going to have a conversation to explore the person’s own resources, support systems, and all possible safe housing alternatives to entering a shelter or remaining on the streets.
- – Services are not provided at the time of visit, nor are they guaranteed.
- – Housing conversations take place on a “First come – First seen” basis until capacity is reached.
- – The entire family doesn’t need to be present for the conversation, only the head of household.
ORANGE COUNTY HUB | Christian Service Center (Orlando)
Fridays 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Christian Service Center
808 W Central Blvd, Orlando FL
Ideal for individuals, but open to anyone experiencing homelessness.
*This is the busiest location and often operates at capacity.
ORANGE COUNTY HUB | United Against Poverty
Fridays 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
United Against Poverty (UP Center)
150 West Michigan Street, Orlando, FL
VETERANS HUB [Orange County]
1st & 3rd Fridays of the month
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
The VA Medical Center
5201 Raymond St.; Building 500, Orlando FL
OSCEOLA COUNTY HUB | Hope Partnership
Last Thursdays of the month
1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
(formerly The Community Hope Center Inc)
2198 Four Winds Blvd
Kissimmee, Florida, 34746
SEMINOLE COUNTY HUB | The Sharing Center
Fourth Mondays of the month
9:00 am – 10:30 am
The Sharing Center- The Oasis
600 N US Hwy 17 92 #130 Longwood, FL