Position: Grant Accountant
Department: Grants Administration and Contract Services
Supervised By: Grant Services Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Regular/Full-time
Posting Date: March 31, 2020
How to apply: Email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Homeless Services Network (HSN) of Central Florida is committed to the vision of “Everyone making their way home.” HSN’s mission is leading the Central Florida’s community-wide effort to end homelessness through collaboration, strategy, capacity building and effective stewardship of knowledge and resources. HSN will accomplish this mission by Delivering excellence in system improvement; ensuring effective resource management; giving trustworthy expertise; while always honoring people.
The Grant Accountant is responsible for assisting with advanced tasks pertaining to the management of grant contracts for funds awarded to HSN as well as contracts with subrecipients administered by HSN. The Grant Accountant will emphasize the provision of exceptional customer service to funders and sub-recipients, particularly regarding the processing of complex requisitions, training activity and the integration of program and financial components in monitoring. This position is expected to:-
- Perform accounting and financial service functions for programs funded by grants or special revenue; • Prepare financial projections and budgets (actual v. budget reporting);
- Review/monitor individual grants and transactions for compliance with local, state and federal fund requirements;
- Billing and collections, journal entries, and financial grant reporting including preparation of reports for granting authorities and the funder’s annual report;
- Verify budget proposals for grant applications;
- Process/facilitate the processing of complex requisitions tied to multiple funding sources in a timely manner, in compliance with contract requirements and OMB Uniform Guidance;
- Work under the direction of the Grant Services Manager (GSM) to coordinate the development and implementation of training curricula, programs and other supports needed to ensure sub-recipient compliance with federal/state/local regulations, grant requirements, and HSN/Continuum of Care (CoC) policies and procedures;
- Serves as lead compliance regulator for day-to-day grant-funded program activity performed directly by HSN, including coordinating and performing ongoing monitoring activity as well as developing and implementing corrective action plans with the GSM and, as needed, the CFO;
- Represent the Grant Administration and Contract Services Division in coordination and planning activity with other HSN internal divisions, including Coordinated Entry System, HMIS, Housing Operations and Finance Teams with respect to the integration of applicable policies, procedures and practices into grants related training and monitoring activity; and
- Identify incidences of potential non-compliance.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field;
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience in nonprofit accounting, contract management; and
- Passionate about HSN’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of HSN to external and internal stakeholders.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license in accordance with HSN Motor Vehicle Policy
- Ability to use one’s personal vehicle for daily duties with reimbursement.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person or by telephone. The employee is frequently required to operate a variety of machines and equipment including computer, office equipment, telephone, etc. tasks may require extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Compensation: $45,000 – $50,000 annually; benefits package
- Interest and passion about HSN’s mission with the ability to promote and communicate HSN’s philosophy, mission and values to external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with a customer service focus.
- Experience participating on a team committed to overcoming challenges and obtaining superior results;
- Proficiency in various computer applications including ABILA MIP, Excel and word processing software;
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of HUD programs and regulations;
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of grants management; and
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity, pursuit of excellence in her/his work, and experience in team participation emphasizing improved levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Ability to compare and/or judge the readily, observable, function, structural or compositional characteristics of documentation, files accounts and equipment.
- Ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures and to follow oral/written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and community partners.
Veterans, Persons of Color and Current or Formerly Homeless Persons are encouraged to apply.
Homeless Services Network of Central Florida [HSN] provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HSN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.